Beyond the Laser - Combination Therapy with Injectables for Optimal Outcomes
Daniel Friedmann, MD, FAAD
Edward Zimmerman, MD
The goal of this CME certified course is to review the latest techniques using facial injectables and the use of combination therapy with facial injectables and advanced IPL and RF treatments. Patient demonstrations will highlight the latest injection techniques with facial injectables. The faculty will review their approach to achieving facial rejuvenation through multimodal therapy strategies.
To complete this activity and receive credit, the participant should:
- Review the materials on accreditation information, target audience, learning objectives, and disclosure information
- Complete the entire self-study
- Complete the post-test and evaluation/claim form
Jointly Provided by:
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Compare light, laser, and energy-based devices, specifically lasers, intense pulsed light, and radiofrequency, and explain their indications, risks, and benefits.
- Compare the characteristics of facial injectable products, including multiple dermal fillers and neuromodulators and identify their best uses alone and in combination with each other according to evidence-based guidelines.
- Identify injection techniques that have demonstrated safe and satisfactory patient outcomes for facial enhancement and/or rejuvenation and learn how to implement them in clinical practice.
- Describe how to effectively manage complications that may result from injections of dermal fillers and/or botulinumtoxinA.
- Integrate available information to choose and sequence facial rejuvenation treatments; neuromodulators and dermal fillers, with energy-based treatments such as IPL and RF with a goal to optimize safety and results.
Commercial Support Acknowledgement
Support for this educational activity is provided by Allergan, Galderma, and Lumenis.
This CME-certified activity is primarily intended and designed to educate physicians and extenders who currently perform facial injections and energy-based treatments. Primary specialties include dermatologists, facial plastic surgeons, oculoplastic surgeon, plastic surgeons and cosmetic surgeons.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by North American Center for Continuing Medical Education (NACCME), Imedex, and xMedica. NACCME is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physicians: This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
NACCME designates this live/enduring activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The information contained during this course is for educational purposes only and may not apply to your specific application or situation. The course content is not verified and should not be relied on for any medical or experimental procedures. Additional education is required to compliment the information contained therein. The author, society, distributor and provider (hereinafter referred to as the "Producers") shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damages, including without limitation any indirect or consequential damage or injury, resulting from the implementation of the practices and research discussed or displayed in the course. As a result of viewing this course, you agree that reliance on any practice displayed in the course without additional research, verification, and study shall be at your own risk. The Producers accept no liability for the content of this course.
Events, activities, programs and facilities of NACCME are available to all without regard to race, color, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age, Vietnam or disabled veteran status as provided by law and in accordance with the company's respect for personal dignity.
NACCME protects the privacy of personal and other information regarding participants, educational partners and joint sponsors. NACCME and our joint sponsors will not release personally identifiable information to a third party without the customer's consent, except such information as is required for reporting purposes to the appropriate accrediting agency.
We suggest that you upgrade to a recent browser and that you have the latest version of the free Adobe Flash Player installed in order to use the website as it is intended.
Adobe Flash Player requirements
The Adobe website uses features in Adobe Flash Player. You cannot use certain sections of our site without this player.
Note: If you don't know which version of the Adobe Flash Player you have installed, you can test your player at the Adobe Flash About page. Look in the Version Information box under the Flash Player portion of the page, and you will see the version of the Flash Player you have installed. If you have problems installing Flash Player, see the Flash Player Support Center.
The Adobe website is supported by the latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Google Chrome. In order to experience the website fully, please upgrade to the latest version of one of the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
Connection speed requirements
DSL or faster.
Cookies must be enabled for certain portions of our site.
- Make sure cookies are enabled. Consult your browser's Help section for information on how to change this setting.